Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day..












Since the first time I spent my Valentine's with him, I always thought I'd be spending it that way forever..







The surprises excited me. I always looked forward to what was going to happen next. Each time, he really thought about what to do and carefully planned something really special for me. Sometimes I would even find myself crying over how much effort he put into things, tired as he may be from work. And I am reminded me of what a great guy I was with. Who, despite some inconveniences, always found a way to make me feel happy.

But sometimes when people are high up in the clouds, it takes a great push downwards to make them appreciate the simplest of things. When you already have what it is that you want, there comes a point when you want to experience the accessories. And sometimes we get too focused in them that we start to ignore what truly matters.

Now, I would’ve wanted to spend my Valentine’s in another way. Never mind the flowers, never mind the preparations, never mind the extraordinary plans. What I would have wanted most is to spend it with him, and all the coming ones with him. It wouldn’t matter if nothing special is about to happen. I realized, and learned it the hard way, that nothing else matters. As long as you are spending this day with the person you care about the most, the accessories play insignificant. Just the thought of knowing he would always be there with you wins over any flower in the world, any romantic setting, any sweet music.














4 comments:

me said...

well at least jaq you got to experience it and now you know what should be...now go get that 'should be' with the one next in line!! i wanted to spend it with my "xyz" too but...well, you know how things are. i am just happy that at least i got to spend christmas and new year with him...

** dreambeliever ** said...

But what if I want the "should be" with the same person? Oh well... Exciting to know how next year would turn out right? Hope you had a V-good V-day :) Hahaha. Hazel's dating someone new now. :)

Khrissy said...

awwww.... it's sad to know that you guys broke up :( always thought you'd be together forever (coz you just look so good together!)

** dreambeliever ** said...

Thanks Tinesy... I thought so too.. Oh well, maybe some things just aren't meant to stay forever... Hope you're doing great :)